Ommatidia looks for a Product Engineer to coordinate the design and production of Ommatidia’s next-generation optical 3D Metrology systems.
Job Title: Product Engineer.
Reports to: VP of Software & AI.
The Product Engineer will have a coordinating role in the design and production of Ommatidia’s next-generation optical 3D metrology systems. This team member will work with customers and the technical team to offer novel and improved solutions for cutting-edge metrology challenges. He/she will be strongly involved in all steps of the product development cycle, from the formal collection of user requirements, through product conception, design, testing, transfer to manufacturing, and certification activities.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Produce technical materials for marketing purposes.
- Support marketing team in requirements capture and new product definition.
- Formalize and document captured user requirements.
- Design mechanical parts for production and/or prototyping.
- Coordinate other system elements with internal and external teams.
- Assemble and integrate product prototypes.
- Coordinate and contribute to product testing and certification activities.
- Draft assembly procedures and instructions.
- Manage the product documentation tree.
- Keep an updated BOM.
- Structure the supply chain.
- Coordinate transfer-to-manufacturing activities.
- Write documentation for internal and external project deliverables.
- Coordination with Quality department for R&D procedures.
- Produce documentation for QC, customer support, and regulatory approvals.
Education and experience
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in electronic product development.
- Fluent in English (ALTE-4/C1 or better).
- Mechanical CAD design.
- Project management.
- Competence with electronics at system level (for integration and testing).
- Good analytical skills.
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, and diligent.
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards and familiarity with quality management.
Applicants must send their CV to email@example.com indicating as subject: Product Engineer.
Deadline: May 30th.