Ommatidia looks for an ASIC Designer to lead the design of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits to support Ommatidia’s next-generation LiDAR systems.
Job Title: ASIC Designer.
Reports to: VP of Research.
Type: hybrid (onsite/remote).
Location: Rijswijk (The Netherlands).
The ASIC Designer will lead the design of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits to support Ommatidia’s next-generation LiDAR systems. This will include block/function definition, specification, design, simulation and unit level verification of the devices. This team member will work with the rest of the technical team to offer novel and improved solutions for cutting-edge 3D imaging challenges.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Work with the R&D team to formalize and document detailed specifications, supported by theoretical and/or numerical analyses.
- Lead the design of analog, digital or mixed-mode ASICs for LiDAR.
- Independently carry-out complex design tasks.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external team members.
- Design circuit networks, using schematic entry and layout tools with full-custom or timing-driven layout tools in Cadence CAD/EDA environment.
- Model circuits and components using analog or digital HDL (Verilog-A and Verilog/SystemVerilog).
- Build analog or digital test-benches and carry-out mixed analog and digital circuit simulations.
- Carry out physical and functional circuit and system verification.
- Lead project documentation, test-board designs and laboratory testing.
- Coordination with quality department for R&D procedures.
- Produce documentation for QC, customer support, regulatory approvals.
Education and experience
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- ≥4 years of experience in ASIC design, testing and qualification.
- Fluent in English (ALTE-4/C1 or better).
- Proficient in industry standard electronics simulation and design tools (Cadence).
- Competent in electronics at system level (for integration & testing).
- Ability to do system level signal simulations in Python/Matlab.
- Good analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, organized and diligent.
- PhD/research experience in analog electronics.
- Experience with the design of CMOS imagers.
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards and familiarity with quality management.
Applicants must send their CV to Grégory Pandraud email@example.com indicating as subject: ASIC Designer.
Deadline: September 29th (included).