Company and Technology
PlenOptika, designer of innovation vision care technologies, seeks a new team member to help bring its next breakthrough product to market. The award winning and fast-growing company, with offices in Madrid, Spain and Boston, USA, brings cutting-edge optical technology to front-line vision care professionals worldwide. Our core platform technology, the patented QuickSee Wavefront Autorefractor, offers eyecare professionals and healthcare providers an unprecedented combination of clinical power and usability suited equally for the modern clinic, optical retail store, home visit, and global health mission. Through vision driven innovation, PlenOptika is working towards improving the lives of over 1 billion people who lack access to the vision correction they need. Our technology and work have been reported in peer-review journals and recognized with numerous international awards. The company sells its products in more than 45 countries.
We are seeking for several full-time Software Engineers to join our Research and Development team in our Madrid, Spain office. The successful candidates will join a cross-functional, multi-cultural team dedicated to the development and commercialization of groundbreaking medical devices. In this environment, they will:
- Be exposed to the entire spectrum of ophthalmic device translation from the research stage through to manufacturing and ultimately commercialization.
- Be trained in the underlying optics/photonics of cutting-edge technology and contribute to scientific and technical achievements that will translate into real world health impacts.
- Learn and work with multiplatform programming language – from embedded to cloud-based architectures.
- Stay plugged into the emerging medtech ecosystem, cutting edge science, and entrepreneurial trends.
- Participate as an author in scientific publications and intellectual property patents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The role will involve the design, development, and maintenance of different software projects related to new and existing ophthalmic medical technologies. These projects will use and combine different programing languages and hardware platforms depending on the specific products. The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with different company divisions to create software for medical devices that focus on user needs.
- Design, develop, and maintain software for different platforms.
- Ensure that the software included in the company medical devices comply with regulatory requirements.
- Define specifications for software projects as well as verification and validation procedures according to the specific needs of different products.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, preferably related to Computer Science, photonics, medical imaging, or related fields.
- At least 1 year of experience as a software engineer or similar position.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Must be flexible, proactive, and resourceful in addressing new challenges.
- Experience in at least one of the following frameworks: embedded, desktop, Android, iOS, Web.
- Experience in C/C++ and Matlab programing languages.
- Experience with Linux and embedded Linux platforms.
- Experience with using and developing image processing algorithms.
- Experience with cloud platform (AWS).
- Knowledge of QtCreator, Xcode, Android, or React is a strong plus.
- Basic skills in Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Desire to ultimately do a PhD degree in computer science, photonics, or medical imaging.
Full time, 40 hours per week.
The candidates must be able to work in-person at our office in Madrid, Spain.
Compensation (base salary)
To be determined according to professional qualifications and experience.
Email email@example.com with your resume and any other relevant information.