Evoenzyme is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join its dynamic team.
EvoEnzyme is a Spanish biotech company located at the heart of Madrid Science Park (Campus de Cantoblanco). Founded as a spin-off from the ICP-CSIC laboratory of Professor Miguel Alcalde, its team of experts is dedicated to developing customized biocatalysts using advanced techniques in Protein Engineering by Directed Evolution. EvoEnzyme offers a range of industrial biocatalysts, with particular emphasis on ligninolytic enzymes, to support the growth and sustainability of its clients’ businesses.
As a highly motivated and detail-oriented Laboratory Technician at its Enzyme Engineering Laboratory, you will work alongside a team of scientists to support research activities related to the development and optimization of engineered enzymes.
The main responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician are based on the support of research projects and general laboratory maintenance. Some of these skills are:
- Conduct laboratory experiments related to enzyme engineering and biocatalysis;
- Prepare reagents, solutions, and media for experiments;
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies, including ordering and restocking;
- Assist with general laboratory duties, including cleaning, waste disposal, and safety protocols;
- Work collaboratively with other laboratory staff to ensure efficient and effective laboratory operations.
- Diploma program in Laboratory Technology or equivalent;
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques and equipment, such as pipetting, gel electrophoresis, and spectrophotometry;
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, including cloning and PCR reactions;
- Knowledge of basic microbiology techniques, such as media preparation and microbial growth;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced laboratory environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
Applicants send CV to email@example.com indicating on subject Laboratory Technician position.
Deadline: May 31st.